Digital credentials such as usernames and passwords connect you and your employees to critical business applications, as well as online services. Unfortunately, criminals know this — and that’s why digital credentials are among the most valuable assets found on the Dark Web. The Dark Web is made up of digital communities that sit on top of the Internet, and while there are legitimate purposes to the Dark Web, it is estimated that over 50% of all sites on the Dark Web are used for criminal activities, including the disclosure and sale of digital credentials. Far too often, companies that have had their credentials compromised and sold on the Dark Web don’t know it until they have been informed by law enforcement — but by then, it’s too late.
- We Monitor-
- Hidden Chat Rooms
- Private Websites
- IRC Channels
- Social Media Platforms
- Black Market Sites
- 640,000+ botnets
- We Prepare- The more information you collect, the more valuable it becomes. Extensive logging and reporting capabilities allow us to track and triage incidents and create effective policies and procedures to minimize risk in the future.
- We Predict- It’s not enough to simply be ready, you need to be ahead. The platform allows us to see industry patterns long before they become trends, and offers the intelligence to keep you, your employees, and consultants more protected.
- We Prevent- Attacks on networks may be inevitable, but they don’t have to be destructive. Proactive monitoring of stolen and compromised data alerts us when a threat is detected so we can respond immediately.
Why It’s Important
- Compromised credentials are used to conduct further criminal activity, such as data breaches of sensitive corporate information, as well as identity theft of individual employees.
- Users often have the same password for multiple services, such as network logon, social media, online stores and other services, exponentially increasing the potential damage from a single compromised username and password.
- Today, you have limited visibility into when your credentials are stolen; over 75% compromised credentials are reported to the victim organization by a third party, such as law enforcement.
Contact Windstar Technologies today to learn more about protecting your employees and your business.